Saturday, September 5, 2009

"I WANDERED LONELY AS A CLOUD" W. Wordsworth,


The first image that comes into my mind is a colorful summer day in the woods. I am glad to acknowledge that happiness is also a good topic to write about. This is why I believe this part of the poem: "A poet could not but be gay, In such a jocund company" is kind of ironic. Wordsworth demonstrates by this writing that he can do it. He can be the one to open nature to poetry, to show those colorful feelings that he sees in his life. We need in this world more of these writers to improve our living style and the relationships with other human beings.
I am not sure about what daffodils mean, but it is one of the things which provokes him happiness and joy. I see more than feel. My eyes worked better than my heart with the colorful images that he described and I interpreted.
I am happy to find out that there are many common objects that provokes feeling into sensitive people such as Wordsworth.

2 comments:

Clau said...

Great ideas!!! Wordsworth seems to see the positive side of life in nature, but how would you use this poem in a class where the last thing children have is happiness?


take care,

Claudia

Yori said...

I do believe we all have hapiness in our life...maybe not many moments. We as techers can bring resources like this poem to create a calm and positive environment to recall happy moments.
We are not going to teach only English...that is something that a lot of people need to realize.