Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"When I have fears that I may cease to be" by John Keats


There are many feelings that we as human beings are allowed to feel. I believe most people avoid suffering which it may sound natural, but How are you going to enjoy happiness if you have never been sad??

This poem made me reflect about the power of human beings. There are some people that can take whatever comes to their life while others make a storm in a tea cup. We are all different; we try to live our lives in the best way we can, but why do we avoid sufffering? Is it natural? Is it cultural?

The author stated that he feels fear of losing what he is and he has. He tries to express his feelings through these lines. I wonder what do I fear the most?
This poem keeps me wonder about the importance of living your life day after day instead of waiting for that perfect moment that may be never come.

2 comments:

Clau said...

As you mentioned the best way to enjoy life is living it...people who focus their lives on only the things they can't reach for different reasons are the ones who end up writing depressive poems like this one...do you agree with this?

Take care,

Claudia

Yori said...

I do agree with your opinion. Writing requires a lot of time, and maybe some of these authors spent more time writing than living their own lives.